Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Botak Jones Revisited

This the second time heading down to Botak Jones for sausages for this blog. You can see the other review here.

botak jones swanky franky
Swanky Franky set from Botak Jones Clementi at $10.

Let's just say that this didn't go well into my stomach. I felt queasy and a bit of heartburn after the meal. Someone, who had a Botak Burger, came down with food poisoning the next day. I guess this spells the end of my Botak Jones escapades.

The meal itself when eating wasn't too bad. Swanky Franky was a chicken frank wrapped with two slices of bacon and two slices of cheddar melted over it. Of course, there was to be onions but I didn't want it as usual. haha~ It came with the usual fries and coleslaw. It wasn't anything special. I didn't know what I was expecting when I decided to have that, but it turned out to be nothing more than the usual chicken frank just with the aditional toppings. The bacon was badly done somemore. It was grilled but not thoroughly grill, not charred nor crispy, but very fatty.

And with the sickly feeling in the stomach after that, well, guess that's it for Botak Jones. Granted, my usual trips to the Ang Mo Kio branch hadn't made me sick before, so don't know if this is just a one time off thingie.

No comments: