Tuesday, September 4, 2007

NUS Bizad Canteen Western Stall

bizad canteen western stall 2
Pork sausage and cheese sausage from the Western stall at Bizad canteen in NUS, the pork sausage costs $1.50 and the cheese $1.90.

This is the second time reviewing this place in my blog, you can see the other entry here, but I returned there to have something else, the pork sausage.

The pork sausage is not as nice as the cheese sausage, being rather blame and tasteless. I think it's because there isn't mustard sauce. I think mustard sauce really brings out the sausagey taste of a sausage which other sauces are inadequate is this respect. Chilli and ketchup are big no nos in the sausage market, especially the German sausages, and there's no way I'm going to let the stall owner laddle his signature generic black pepper sauce over everything I eat. But the pork sausage redeems itself for being so long and juicy. Very indulgent.

The cheese sausage was, as usual, very good, though I find that the skin is a tad bit chewy but I'm not going to be picky on that. It makes me feel hungry just looking at these pictures tonight.

No comments: